In this SimpleGym support article we'll cover:
- How to issue a refund in SimpleGym.
- How to know whether a refund was successful.
- What notifications the gym owner and customer receive of refunds.
How To Issue a Refund in SimpleGym:
Whether due to the return of a retail item, the early cancellation of a pre-paid membership, or any other reason, issuing a refund of a payment in SimpleGym is quick and takes just a few steps. Here's the steps:
- Navigate To The Payments History Tab
- Log in to your SimpleGym Account.
- Click ‘Payments’
- Then Click the 'Payments History' tab.
- Select The Payment To Refund:
- Click the '#' of the Payment you would like to refund.
- Note: Only payments with the status of 'Released' can be refunded. If the payment status is 'Failed' or 'Error' this indicates that the payment never went through in the first place, so there is no need to issue a refund. If the payment status is 'Authorizing' or 'In Review' you will need to wait until the payment clears before issuing the refund.
- Click 'Refund' Button:
- Confirm that the transaction details match the transaction that you would like to refund.
- Click the 'Refund' button.
How To Know Whether A Refund Was Successful:
Issuing a refund is almost instantaneous in SimpleGym, however, your gym's Payment History is updated approximately every 10 minutes. Once a refund has been successfully completed, and your Payment History updated, you will see the refund transaction reflected in your gym's Payments History tab. Additionally, the recipient of the refund will automatically receive an email receipt reflecting the refund.
Often, the refund will not immediately appear on the recipient's credit card statement, because the customer's credit card issuer or bank can take 3-5 days to fully process the refund and add it back to the customer's credit card or bank balance.
What Notifications Does The Gym Owner And Customer Receive of A Refund:
Once a refund has been successfully processed, the gym owner will see the refund transaction reflected in their gym's Payment History tab.
The Customer will receive an email receipt reflecting the refund.