In this SimpleGym support article we'll cover:
- How to export members from PerfectMind / ChampionsWay to SimpleGym.
- How to import members from a CSV file to SimpleGym.
- How to transfer encrypted member payment data to your SimpleGym account.
How To Export Members From PerfectMind / ChampionsWay to SimpleGym:
We're excited to have your gym transition from PerfectMind / ChampionsWay to SimpleGym. If you have just a few members in your gym, you may prefer to manually enter them into SimpleGym. But for gyms with dozens or even hundreds of existing members, exporting your existing members from PerfectMind or ChampionsWay and importing them into SimpleGym is a far more efficient way to make the transition.
Here are the steps:
- Export People And Their Contact Details From PerfectMind / ChampionsWay
- Log in to your PerfectMind Dashboard
- Find the Report option for 'Leads', 'Students', or 'Former Students'
- Select from these, which you would like to import (typically 'Students')
- Generate the Report
- Click 'Export' in the bottom right corner.
- Export Membership Members From PerfectMind / ChampionsWay
- Log in to your PerfectMind Dashboard
- On the top menu bar click 'More'
- Click 'Other Apps'
- Click 'Membership Members'
- 'Export' the file.
You've now successfully exported a list of your gym members and their contact details from PerfectMind / ChampionsWay. The next step, is to get those lists of member information imported into SimpleGym.
How To Import a CSV File of Members From ZenPlanner to SimpleGym:
Importing your Member CSV file into SimpleGym couldn't be easier, that's because, we do it all for you. Simply email the file to: Support@SimpleGym with the Subject: "GYMNAME Member Import".
Our support team will check the file for proper formatting, and upload it into your account within 48 hours.
How To Know Whether An Import Was Successful:
If there are any issues with your file, or with the importing process, we will notify you and instruct you on any changes that need to be made to the file.
Otherwise, we will notify you that the file has been successfully imported into your SimpleGym account. At which point, you will see all of your gym's members listed in your SimpleGym account.
Will Payment Data Import As Well?:
If you are migrating to SimpleGym and would like to migrate your customer's credit / debit and ACH details this involves a separate transfer. Transferring customer's credit card and other payment data is a very sensitive operation, and requires encrypted file transfers in a format called PGP. So for gyms with just a few members, it is often more practical to transfer their member data without the payment data, and then have their gym members reauthorize payment data. For gyms with more existing members, however, importing your member's payment data is certainly do-able.
Here are the steps to import your member's payment data from your existing credit card processor into SimpleGym.
- Send Email: Email your existing merchant services / credit card processing provider.
- Include Support@SimpleGym.io on the email.
- Include the following text in the body of the email: "I am requesting an encrypted payment file of my merchant account's active customers for the purpose of migrating my merchant services account from your organization to SimpleGym, a gym management platform, whose Payments are powered by WePay a Chase Bank Company. I authorize SimpleGym and WePay to handle the encrypted payment file and PGP Key on my behalf, for the purpose of uploading my customer's payment data into the SimpleGym / WePay platform."
- Receive File:
- Once SimpleGym / WePay receives a copy of the file and PGP Key from your previous credit card processor, that file will be securely imported into your WePay account.
- After you have verified that the imported data is correct, you will be able to continue your existing payments and initiate new payments for those existing customers via SimpleGym.